- Energy and Industry
- Life Sciences
- Financial Services
- The Altran Delivery Model (ADM)
Our expertise - Embedded SW – Systems Engineering
Altran addresses complex problems by providing innovative and critical system solutions
- Reduce time-to-market and improve cost efficiency
- Take account of rapid changes and developments in technology
- Establish relationships as partners rather than suppliers:
- To become flexible and reactive
- To adopt new business models
- To build up highly–skilled offshore platforms and processes
For 15 years Altran has been developing tailored solutions for the railway industry, ranging from systems definition, design and implementation, to system assessment. Altran has built up a solid reputation as a sector player and strategic partner, able to tackle complex problems requiring innovative solutions that use specialist engineering systems, as well as state-of-the art processes and tools such as model-based technology.
- We develop critical software systems designed to meet client specifications
- We provide advanced systems and engineering capabilities to operate complex projects
- We implement software-engineering systems to help companies perform complex projects
Examples of railway projects
Altran provides many clients in the railway transport sector with solutions in areas such as specification, development, testing and verification. Altran UK is currently supplying software architecture and development solutions for a European SIL 4 transport system and is also participating in the development of the software strategy for a major railway industry supplier.
Altran UK has been involved in requirements capture and enterprise architecture across several programmes. For a railway operator, Altran UK provides requirements engineering and specification at programme and system level for a major infrastructure project.
Interoperability and migration strategy:
As a member of the Interoperability Groups (International Corridors) and the ‘Mirror Group’ involved in the activities of the ETCS (European Train Control System) platform, Altran was involved in the preparation of the formal documents for an EU tender bid.
Altran determined the preliminary definition of the plan to implement the ‘Migration Strategy’ to upgrade the Italian railway network to the European Interoperable System.
SW On-Board Equipment Modelling:
Altran provides a range of solutions for a variety of train, locomotive and metro systems and sub-systems:
- Gap analyses for requirements, architecture and interface specifications,
- Definition of architectural technical requirements and functional requirements
- Management, development and updating of software platforms and libraries (i.e. TCMS, CLT, SSB-Av, etc.)
- Definition and execution of test plans required at different levels of software development
- Definition of operational procedures
- On-site testing and train dry runs
- SW tailoring activities