- Life Sciences & Medical
- Nuclear Power
- Power Delivery
- Fossil Power
- Oil & Gas
- Laboratory & Material Engineering
- EPC & Construction Management
- Project Controls
- Industrials & Electronics
- Digital Markets
- Financial Services
Plant Decomissionning and Retirement
Altran provides the highest quality services in all engineering disciplines to utility, industrial, commercial, and institutional customers.
Within Altran, we have personnel with the expertise and experience needed to properly decommission a facility.
We can prepare the initial audit of the facility, and then develop the project plan. This is critical to defining projected manpower and project cost. When the actual decommissioning is ready to be started, we can provide personnel to execute the project successfully.
- Cost estimates and proposals
- Planning for safe shutdowns
- Determination of mothballing requirements
- Management of Change (MOC)
- Lockout and Tagout (LOTO)
- Regulatory and environmental requirements
- Plans for sale or scrapping of idled equipment
- Site specific OSHA engineering surveys
- Demolition planning and implementation
Decommissioning projects lead: Louis T. Phillips P. E.
- Experience as program manager for decommissioning and demolition projects for a major northeast refining company
- Author of procedures for mothballing, decommissioning, and demolition for a major northeast refining company
- Project manager for major decommissioning of a lubricants storage and blending/packaging facility
- Numerous previous decommissioning and demolition projects
- Author: “Decommissioning Process Plant Facilities”, Chemical Engineering Progress, December 2002
- Named by the National Academies Board on Army Science and Technology in 2010 to the "Committee to review and assess closure plans for Tooele Chemical Agent Disposal Facility and Chemical Agent and Munitions Disposal System"
- 34 years of engineering experience in process and industrial facilities
You can contact Lou Phillips and the Altran team at email@example.com