“Helping companies spread their wings and fly all over the world”
The Aerospace industry is evolving and is entering a new phase with new activities and skills required. This complex market needs to address a wide range of challenges from the transition towards incremental development to the production ramp up issue and the development of new services. Digitization will also disrupt this traditional industry.
What is not change is the intense pressure to deliver mission and safety critical systems while also satisfying contract, cost and time-to-market goals. In Aerospace, as with most industries, time to delivery is critical and missing deadlines incurs significant financial penalties.
Altran is a global player leveraging industry excellence to enable legacy and disruptive stakeholders to tackle their R&D, production and business challenges. We deliver value to our Aerospace clients by working within their business and development organizations to accelerate delivery, improve NRE efficiency, and staff productivity while containing overall system development costs. We achieve these objectives with a systematic approach that aligns business, organization, process, and product architecture objectives.
In our experience working with leading companies in this industry for more than three decades, too often organizations view regulatory standards - DO-178/278, DO-254, DO-160 - as development burdens. However, we believe that to excel in this highly competitive market, these requirements must be viewed as required best practices for the successful development of complex products for airborne applications–and not merely necessities.
Design, Development and Test Expertise
Complex software and hardware for embedded and mobile devices to enterprise, GIS, sensor data fusion and analytics, and cloud-based systems
Extensive Development Experience
Including DO-178, DO-278, DO-254 and DO-160 for instrumentation, displays and controls in land, sea, air, and space-based systems
EAR/ITAR controls for design and development of custom solutions for commercial, defense, and government-related programs
Full Product Lifecycle Support
Software, electrical, mechanical, enhancements, value and sustaining engineering, documentation
Our capabilities are delivered within a comprehensive suite of services to improve program predictability and productivity. Our unique combination of consulting and product development services can mitigate your specific system development challenges, allowing you to focus on developing products with a difference and delivering what your customers want, when they want it.
- First industry addressed by Altran more than 30 years ago
- A network of 3,000 specialists supporting operation worldwide
- Several partnerships with large companies in the sector: supporting all major players of the European and international industry
- A portfolio of offers covering all the aeronautics and air transport value chain
- Proven ability to help OEMs to introduce innovative product enhancements leveraging cross industry best practices and innovation management
- A combination of technological expertise and a deep business knowledge of the industry
- A key stakeholder of the aerospace industry at European level: member of the French Aerospace Industries association (GIFAS), board member of GIFAS and GEAD (Aeronautics and Defense Equipment Manufacturers Group) and International Commission in France, and member of the national European aerospace clusters